- Best herbs for a good digestion: Good digestive health is essential for a proper function of each organ as the elimination system removes waste of all of our cells and assures overall balance. Herbs have been used for thousands of years to speed up digestion, promote digestive secretions and maintain good gut health. Traditional herbalists all over the world agree that herbs with a bitter taste tend to be the most efficient. For example Gentian is the most popular digestive bitter in Western herbalism. Many Europeans drink a bitter aperitif (a herbal beverage or liqueur) before their meal to stimulate digestion, especially before heavier meals. Learn more about the 30 best herbs for good digestive health.
- Whole Foods replaces mayonnaise with an egg-free alternative: As part of their “cruelty-free” initiative, company Whole Foods is replacing certain products such as mayonnaise with their vegan egg-free alternatives; first California stores will be introducing a product from Hampton Creek Foods called Just Mayo already next week. Since eggs are widely used in many food products, if they can be replaced on a large scale, it would not only alleviate animal cruelty, but help us move towards a more sustainable food system that meets the future demands of a growing global population.
- Top education innovations changing lives around the world: As technology and internet become widely available and accessible, most educators turn to them as a main source and a tool for education. However, there are other innovative forms and methods that might not be as known, but are changing lives of children around the world. For example the De Mello’s method. Ms. De Mello integrates neuroscience with didactics to teach the impoverished children in the Rio de Janeiro’s slums.” Students raised amid chronic poverty and violence have many “learning gaps” that require specialized techniques”. De Mello’s methods have been so successful that they are now being used in 150 other schools around Brazil and have attracted international attention from educators in other countries such as Germany.
You are here: Home > Best Herbs for Good Digestion, Whole Foods Replaces Mayo with an Egg-Free Alternative, Education Innovations Changing Lives
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!