- Coconuts and their health benefits: It’s a known fact that coconuts are very nutritious, rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. A coconut oil, which is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts, has been gaining special interest lately because of its wide range of healing properties. Although coconut oil has been widely used in traditional medicine among Asian and Pacific populations for generations, in modern medicine recent published scientific studies now also confirm that coconut oil may provide a wide range of health benefits. Some of these health benefits include: kills viruses causing influenza, herpes and other illnesses; kills bacteria causing ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, cavities and other diseases; kills fungi and yeasts causing candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash and other infections; expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia and other parasites; improves digestion and absorption of nutrients including vitamins, minerals and amino acids; helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes; improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth. To learn all the health benefits and other coconut uses, read the full article.
- Five misconceptions of a healthy stool: Proper digestion and healthy stool are an important part of a healthy lifestyle. However, there are several misconceptions out there that might keep many people from having a regular and healthy regime. Here are five most common misconceptions: 1: daily pooping is normal, and optimal; 2: poop is supposed to smell bad; 3: our colon needs a good flushing; 4: spending your time sitting on a toilet is beneficial; 5: more daily bowel movements can help with weight loss. See full article explaining each misconception in detail.
By livinggreenwithbaby | April 27, 2014 | 0 Comments
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!