Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie? This healthier version of the American classic has a whole grain granola-based crust. You can make your own granola at home or buy plain, unflavored granola.
Ingredients – crust:
- 1.5 cups plain granola
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon raw or brown sugar
- water as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Process the granola in a blender or food processor until fine. Add melted margarine and sugar. If mixture is still crumbly, add water, just a little bit at a time.
- Gently press into a 9-inch pie tin.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. (unless you are filling it with pumpkin pie recipe, below)
Ingredients – pie:
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 can (16 oz) or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 unbaked pie crust, as above (9 inch)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine eggs, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes.