- Five very unsustainable foods to avoid: If you care about our environment, consider avoiding the following very unsustainable foods. The Sierra Club provided this list and provide details why: 1. Bluefin tuna; 2. Conventional coffee; 3. Factory-farmed beef; 4. Genetically modified corn; 5.Palm oil.
- Alarming facts about medicines produced in India: The FDA’s (Food and Drug Administration) recent findings of fake medicines and falsified drug test results of Indian over-the-counter and prescription drugs raise worries about the safety of Indian pharmaceutical products. India is currently the second-largest exporter of such drugs to the United States, supplying about 40% of the American market. According to the World Health Organization one in five drugs made in India are fakes. Counterfeit medicines are suspected to be responsible for hundreds of infant deaths at a pediatric hospital in Kashmir. Continuing tests of hospital medicines are uncovering more fakes such as “antibiotics” with no active ingredient, intravenous antibiotics used in sick infants and others. The FDA commissioner Dr. Margaret A. Hamburg is currently in India to deal with this serious issue.
- Latest case of organic farmer against Monsanto’s GMO seeds: Mr. Marsh, an Australian organic farmer discovered in 2010 that his harvest had been contaminated by Monsanto’s GMO seed from his neighbor’s farm. As a result, 70% of his farm’s organic produce has been downgraded from its “organic status” causing him severe financial losses. Mr. Marsh is now suing his neighbor for this loss in a historically first lawsuit of a farmer for damages caused by his Monsanto seeds. If Mr.Marsh succeeds, this case will discourage many farmers worldwide from using GMO seeds fearing they could be facing the same legal responsibilities.
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!