Our massage therapist friend Cynthia joins us for an easy-to-prepare fresh homemade salad (Thai-spiced fruit and veggie salad recipe) and some pro tips on how to relieve aching muscles at home or on the go.
The following amounts are only suggested; you can adjust them according to your personal taste.
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people as side dish or snack)
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup oranges, pealed and slices into small pieces
1 cup mango, pealed and slices into small pieces
1 cup chickpeas, cooked and chilled
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 cup cabbage, shredded
½ cup fresh Thai basil, chopped
Juice of 1 fresh lime
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1. Combine carrots, oranges, mango, chickpeas, lettuce, cabbage and basil in a large bowl.
2. Pour limejuice and olive oil into a small bowl and stir together.
3. Pour dressing over the vegetable mix and stir well together.
4. Chill until serving. Serve in a small bowl with a side of garlic bread.
European-style garlic bread
- Toast whole-wheat or multi-grain bread
- Rub garlic clove on both sides, as desired.
When you make a salad, make sure you choose a variety of colors; different colors in various fruit and vegetables help our immune system react to different stresses of our daily lives.
Check this color chart to make sure you are getting the best nutritional value of your fruit and veggies.