- Get enough vitamin D naturally: Our bodies can obtain enough vitamin D from the sun, but not everybody has a chance or access to enough sunlight every day to get the necessary daily supply. Yes, we can supplement the daily dose with artificially-made supplements, but better yet, we can add three nutritious foods in our daily diet to receive our healthy dose of vitamin D naturally.
- Commercial fruit smoothies as bad as soda: Some researchers focusing on the health risks connected with consumption of sugary soft drinks now claim that fruit smoothies may be just as bad for you as soda since they contain the same amount of sugar. According to professor Barry Popkin from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: “Smoothies do not actually provide the same health benefits as simply eating a whole fruit or vegetable. So pulped up smoothies do nothing good for us, but do give us the same amount of sugar as four to six oranges or a large coke. It is deceiving.”
- Lego’s new minifigures focus on girls: The company Lego has been producing toys primarily for boys for over 80 years now. Last year Lego announced to “deliver meaningful play experiences to girls worldwide.” Among the company’s new Minifigure Series 11 there is also a female scientist named Bodin, the first female character in the company’s 81-year history. These minifigures are designed to have their body parts removed and re-attached with new pieces to let them swim like fish, slither like snakes, and stomp around like robots. Other minifigures include the Pretzel Girl, Diner Waitress and a Grandma.
You are here: Home > Get Enough Vitamin D Naturally, Commercial Fruit Smoothies As Bad As Soda, Lego’s New Minifigures Focus on Girls
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!
Reality check! twitter.com/paulamints1/status…