Another reason to add ginger to your diet: According to a recent Thai study, in addition to ginger’s already-known health-boosting properties–such as reducing motion sickness and nausea, having a soothing effect on the digestive tract and being a common remedy for colds–ginger can also help enhance our working memory and improve key indicators of cognitive function (via Kitchen Daily).
- Stuffed Mini-Burgers with Spinach and Cheese May 18, 2013
- Baby Dental Care May 18, 2013
- Žemlovka: Baked Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding May 18, 2013
- Travel Guide Review: 100 Places That Can Change Your Child’s Life May 17, 2013
- Remembering Grandma: Apple Strudel and Mini Strudels May 11, 2013
Recent Video Episodes
- Healthy Snacks: Carrot Sticks for Kids
Carrots are the main ingredient in this recipe, and since these sticks are baked, they’re a nutritious alternative to fried snacks.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the “no” list.
- Squeakers by the Dozen: Chocolate Mice!
Chocolate doesn’t have to be heart-shaped to be sweet: These merry mice make a great edible (and adorable) gift and are guaranteed to be the hit of any party.
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Veggie Burrito Wrap
How do you get finicky eaters to eat a healthy lunch? Wrap it up!
- What Should I Tell My Kids About Global Warming?
- International Food Standards and Guidelines
- Monday Links: Seasonal Produce Cookbooks, an App for Finding Public Tap Water
- Recycling News: Old Shoes, Cast-Off Gadgets, Turning Trash into Energy
- NYC Soda Ban: Will Banning Junk Food Change Our Bad Habits?
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
Kids and Food Waste
Wasting food is a global problem, so teach your kids not to waste any from early age.