- Ikea now offers solar panels, no assembly necessary: Next to securing environmentally-friendly supply chains for its wood products, the furniture retailer has also gone solar using panels on its stores across the world to supply its large daily energy needs. The company plans to be 100% energy self-sufficient by 2020. The next step in promoting clean energy and sustainability is offering affordable solar panels to its customers.
- Where does the plastic we recycle really go? Until recently, most recycling plastic collected in the U.S. was shipped to China for processing. That “journey” had its costs and environmental impact, but at least it kept some discarded plastic out of our landfills. However, as of this year China stopped importing plastic trash under its new Green Fence Policy, and plastics numbered 3-7 are all going to a landfill, according to David Kaplan, CEO of an American post-industrial recycler.
- Nestlé practices and promotes sustainable agriculture: Nestlé’s head of agriculture Hans Joehr explains the motivation behind the company’s Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI): “SAI platform was created with a very simple idea of putting principles and practices together on sustainable agriculture for certain crops in order to address environmental, societal and economical topics around agriculture production systems. We started 12 years ago with our SAI at Nestlé, and then two years later we launched this platform within the food industry worldwide. We now have about 14 members.
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!
Reality check! twitter.com/paulamints1/status…