- Playgrounds with good and clean energy fun: More and more school districts around the country are now investing in solar panels and other renewable energy sources. This change is not only intended to lower school’s energy bills, but also to teach kids about clean energy sources. Recently some inventors have gone even further and managed to convert kid’s play and energy released on the playground into a renewable energy source.
- Lack of sleep has been linked to cravings for unhealthy snacks: According to a a new study from UC Berkeley that examined the brain regions that control food choices, people who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to choose unhealthy foods. The findings emphasize the link between poor sleep and obesity, which is particularly dangerous for children vulnerable to junk food.
- Seven green and Eco-concious baby brands that mommies love: These eco-friendly brands are not only safe, comfortable and very stylish, but they also consider the manufacturing conditions of the materials they use. Brands like Kee-Ka Organics, Boogaloo Bubbywear, Oeuf or Kushies use 100% organic cotton or other organic materials, which are chemical, pesticide and sweatshop-free with low-impact dyes. They also support fair wage and fair trade suppliers. They are green all the way, and mommies love their cute and practical products.
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!
Reality check! twitter.com/paulamints1/status…