- More women are choosing not to breastfeed: According to a new study where 532 first-time mothers participated (interviewed before childbirth, at birth and then at 3, 7, 14, 30 and 60 days of child’s age) between 20 and 50 percent of these mothers stopped breastfeeding altogether or added formula to the mix much sooner than they had planned before childbirth. Women raised 49 unique breastfeeding concerns, such as general difficulty with infant feeding at the breast, infant being fussy or refusing to breastfeed, nipple or breast pain, or not producing enough milk. Of all the surveyed women, 354 were planning to exclusively breastfeed their child for at least two months, however about half of them started giving their babies formula already between one and two months. 406 women planned to partially breastfeed for at least two months, however 86 stopped before then.
- New test for breast cancer can save thousands of women from toxic chemo: A new test called the Oncotype DX has just been approved for general use in the UK. This test could save thousands of women from enduring unnecessary chemotherapy following their breast cancer surgery based on examination of the removed tumors and analysis of chances of spreading to different parts of the body.
- Meet the new pregnancy seat/bump belt from Pixie: Research has shown that in the USA alone, there are up 3,000 fetal deaths caused by car accidents every year. making it a leading cause of accidental fetal deaths. The new piXie® pregnancy seat belt harness is the first seat-belt harness for pregnant women ever to completely eliminate the diagonal strap from across the stomach. It’s specifically designed to help protect the mother-to-be and her unborn baby during driving or while being driven in a motor vehicle. This new belt represents a huge safety advancement for pregnant women since serious harm such as placental abruption can result even from a relatively mild accident.
You are here: Home > More Women Are Choosing Not to Breastfeed, New Breast Cancer Test Can Save Thousands From Chemo, First Pregnancy Seat Belt
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!
Reality check! twitter.com/paulamints1/status…