- Old or unused color markers can now be turned into fuel: A new program by the Crayola company now allows to recycle the entire color marker and turn it into a liquid fuel. A great program initiated by school kids can now inspire other kids and students to recycle.
- Food waste converted into energy: The Kroger company now converts food waste from its grocery stores into cheap and clean energy for its distribution center. With the use of an anaerobic digestion system the food gets converted into bio-gas, providing power for the distribution center campus.
- Potatoes to be used for biodegradable packaging: Tom’s of Maine, the natural personal care product company, is exploring possibilities of using non-GMO waste potatoes for biodegradable product packaging. Potato starch can be the main ingredient for production of a plastic resin PLA, that could be used for mouthwash bottles or deodorant canisters.
You are here: Home > Old Color Markers Can Be Turned into Fuel, Food Waste Converted into Energy, Potatoes for Biodegradable Packaging
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!