- Sugar in healthy snacks: Big surprises, such as significant amounts of added sugar, can be hidden behind many “healthy snacks”. Some supermarket staples such as dried cranberries, instant cereal or fruit cups can have more added sugar than desired, especially for children. Reading labels should be a must for all parents concerned with their child’s diet.
- Refreshing cold noodle dishes for hot summer days: Cold Asian noodle dishes such as sesame noodles with cucumber and sweet pepper can be a nice refreshing and nutritious alternative for hot summer days. Check out these five new recipes for cold noodle dishes to get inspired.
- How to raise a creative child: “Children need at least an hour of fun a day”, according to Julia Cameron, author of the bestselling book The Artist’s Way. Her highly anticipated new book aims at helping parents foster children’s creativity.
You are here: Home > Sugar in Healthy Snacks, Refreshing Cold Noodle Dishes for Hot Summer Days, How to Raise a Creative Child
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!