- Ten non-dairy foods rich in Calcium: Whether you follow a vegan diet, have lactose-intolerance or simply want to cut dairy out of your diet for a while, these ten non-dairy foods such as broccoli, tofu or oatmeal are high in essential calcium; so you should consider adding some or all of these foods to your balanced diet.
- Candy and serious choking incidents among kids: According to a new study published in the journal Pediatrics, hard candy is responsible for 15.5% of the nonfatal choking incidents among children, and “other candy” causes an additional 12.8% of choking incidents requiring serious medical attention. Candy is cited as the number one food item associated with serious choking incidents among kids.
- Make your own cheese: If you are a cheese-lover and prefer to have your cheese as fresh as it can be, you can make it yourself at home and control what ingredients go in. These four recipes use only three basic ingredients and you can use either cow’s, goat’s or sheep’s milk and buy it from local farmers or organic.
You are here: Home > Ten Non-Dairy Foods Rich in Calcium, Candy and Serious Choking Incidents Among Kids, Make Your Own Cheese
By livinggreenwithbaby | August 12, 2013 | 0 Comments
Ten Non-Dairy Foods Rich in Calcium, Candy and Serious Choking Incidents Among Kids, Make Your Own Cheese
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!
Reality check! twitter.com/paulamints1/status…