- The simple luxury of having a toilet: November 19th is celebrated as the World Toilet Day. Almost a century ago, Mahatma Gandhi said: “Sanitation is more important than independence.” And still today, about one person out of three doesn’t have an access to a safe and clean toilet. That is 2.5 billion people including children living in bad sanitation conditions, and suffering illnesses as a direct result of that. For example diarrhoeal disease is the second most common cause of death of young children in developing countries (killing more than HIV/AIDS, malaria and measles combined) shockingly resulting in one death every twenty seconds.
- Music can enhance performance of solar panels: Scientists from the Imperial College London in collaboration with a team from Queen Mary University have recently discovered that performance of solar panels can be significantly increased with exposure to certain sounds or music. Previous research has already shown that by applying pressure to certain materials, we can “excite the voltage”, a phenomena known as the piezoelectric effect. The new study was recently published in the journal Advanced Materials and indicates that music and sounds pitched at around ambient noise level could significantly increase the output of specially designed solar panels.
- 3 major retailers focus on safe chemicals: Target, Wal-Mart and Whole Foods Market are the top three retail giants focusing on providing safer chemicals in their products. Since their recent announcement of new chemical policy, they’ve already moved well beyond their regulations to reduce the chemical footprint of personal care and household cleaning products sold in their stores. Moreover, their initiatives are now forcing manufacturers to use safer chemicals, to learn more about the chemicals they use as well as to know who are their direct suppliers and to commit to continuous improvement leading to greener chemistry of their products.
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
- Fun Recycling Project for Green Kids March 20, 2017
- Healthy Pregnancy: 5 Rare Congenital Defects March 17, 2017
- Organic Gardening Basics March 17, 2017
- Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children March 17, 2017
- Yoga for Busy Moms-Floor Series (Part Two) February 20, 2017
Recent Video Episodes
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
Storytelling Helps Young Minds Grow
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!