- Tomatoes and water purification: A recent study published in the American Chemical Society Journal presents a new water purification method using simple household scraps such as peels of apples and tomatoes. This simple yet brilliant method is the first of its kind and could represent a major breakthrough as a cost-effective water purification system of contaminated water for developing countries.
- Refreshing fruit Eskimo cubes for hot summer days: Ditch the sugary frozen treats and try these simple, refreshing and healthy fruit cubes instead.
- Start caring for your bones from early on: Caring for our bones should start at childhood and continue through adolescence, according to research specialists on bone health. During the early years the body is building most of its bone strength that will have to be sustained during its adult life, so proper care and attention is crucial during this time. Most people don’t start paying attention to their bone health until after age 30 or later.
You are here: Home > Tomatoes and Water Purification, Refreshing Fruit Eskimo Cubes, Kids and Bone Health
- What We Need to Know About Beef Production
- Glyphosate and Childhood Vaccines
- Understanding Common Food Allergies
- National Heatstroke Prevention Day
- Affect of Screen Time on Kids' Brains
Recent Video Episodes
Green Easter Crafts
Organic Gardening Basics
Tuneful Tots: The Importance of Music Education for Young Children
- Luca’s First Birthday Chocolate Cake
Listen to your chocolate cravings; Everyone’s favorite flavor is actually good for you!
- Homemade Healthy Baby Food with Tofu
This homemade healthy baby food recipe with just four ingredients introduces babies to tofu.
- Creative Healthy Meals for Kids
Making healthy meals fun can get kids excited about foods that are normally on the "no" list.
- Homemade Pear Sauce: An Apple Alternative
Homemade pear sauce has a more subtle flavor than applesauce, makes an elegant addition to any food in need of sweet side and kids love it.
- Gluten-Free Almond Butter Blondies
This recipe using almond butter is not only gluten-free, it's free of dairy and refined sugar. Our two-year-old taste tester gave it a "great big smile" rating.
Ugi’s Tips on Going Green
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month, but half of people with glaucoma don’t know they have it.
Get a healthy start in 2017 by learning about glaucoma and taking steps to reduce your risk of vision loss!