This whole wheat potato gnocchi is a great meatless alternative for dinner parties or a Thanksgiving feast. Whole grain pasta provides plenty of dietary fiber and kale and red onions supply lots of vitamins and minerals.
1 lb whole wheat potato gnocchi
1 lb fresh kale, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and a pinch of salt. Cook until gnocchi begin to float to the surface, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, then drain gnocchi and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- In a cast iron or large sauté pan, heat remaining oil and cook red onion until soft, add chopped kale and stir.
- Over medium heat, add the reserved cooking water and bring vegetables to a simmer and cover, add more water if needed. Cook until kale is wilted.
- Add gnocchi and toss.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve warm.
See more Thanksgiving recipes
See more meatless meal ideas.